Title: gene therapy
|Date:||July 4, 2014|
|Length:||6 / 1673|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
When genes are altered so that the encoded proteins are unable to carry out their normal functions, genetic disorders can result.
Gene therapy is a technique for correcting defective genes responsible for disease development. Researchers may use one of several approaches for correcting faulty genes:
? A normal gene may be inserted into a nonspecific location within the genome to replace a nonfunctional gene...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
This approach is most common.
? An abnormal gene could be swapped for a normal gene through homologous recombination.
? The abnormal gene could be repaired through selective reverse mutation, which returns the gene to its normal function.
? The regulation (the degree to which a gene is turned on or off) of a particular gene could be altered...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
1 pages / 233 words
7 pages / 2041 words
6 pages / 1627 words
2 pages / 448 words
4 pages / 1158 words
2 pages / 374 words
6 pages / 1673 words