Title: Free-will And Determinism: Conflict And Choice
|Date:||March 26, 2012|
|Length:||3 / 886|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Since every event in our lives is determined by outside causes, then we are just some sort of robots. Freedom, on the other hand, is rooted behind the idea that we do have control over the choices we make, thus having free will, a requirement for being morally accountable for an action. But if determinism is true, and we have no control over the choices we make, then we do not have free-will; and therefore, nobody can ever legitimately be held morally accountable for anything...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
But if determinism is true, and we have no control over the choices we make, then we do not have free-will; and therefore, nobody can ever legitimately be held morally accountable for anything. Our common practice of thinking of others and ourselves as accountable is simply not justified!
There are those who think that our behavior is a result of free choice, but there are others who presume "we are servants of cosmic destiny or that behavior is nothing but a reflex of heredity and environment...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- ‘The Promise That A New Life In America Meant Freedom And Equality For All Was An Inaccurate Promise To Make.’ How Far Do You Agree With This Statement?
- A New Sense Of Life
- Pro-life vs. Pro-choice
- Free-will And Determinism: Conflict And Choice
- Abortion: Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
- Can Life Be meaningful without an immortal soul
- only a life lived in the face of death can be significant or meaningful' and answer the question 'Could a creature that was incapable of death live a meaningful life?
- What Form Of Wisdom Is Meaningful For Life Today?
- Abortion - Pro Life vs. Pro Choice
- Abortion Pro Choice Vs Pro Life
- Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life
- Life Is But A Choice
- Pro-life and Pro-choice, Which One is Right?
- Pro-life and Pro-choice
- Pro-life vs. Pro-choice
2 pages / 359 words
2 pages / 367 words
3 pages / 868 words
3 pages / 886 words
2 pages / 347 words
1 pages / 284 words
2 pages / 438 words