Title: Flaws with utilitarianism
|Date:||October 2, 2013|
|Length:||2 / 534|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Accordingly, Utilitarian reasoning suggests, in direct opposition to the intuition of humanity, that it is morally impermissible to kill the animals. While a Utilitarian philosopher might provide the counter-argument that such is natural order of the world that there exist a hierarchical food tree. Further they would insist that the greater good is that humans be nourished and provided for by the meat, for our pleasure is superior in quality to that of the beast...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Further they would insist that the greater good is that humans be nourished and provided for by the meat, for our pleasure is superior in quality to that of the beast. This reasoning, however, is flawed in two ways. Initially, the method by which meat finds its way to grocery stores for our purchase and eventual consumption is not one governed by the ways of nature, but rather is one engineered for efficiency by humans...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Colonial Inhabitants of New England and Chesepeake REgion
- Animal Farm: A Political Satire Of A Totalitarian Society Ruled By Dic
- Immorality In Inhabitants
- Between 1600 and 1700 the American Colonies were shaken by a series of "revolts" that, it had been contended, were the result of tensions in colonial society. Examine the protests that took place in Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, and New York,...
- what changed in French society as a result of the early events of the revolution?
- Land Mines: The most basic form of Terrorism is a Land Mine
- Macbeth's Ambition As Displayed In Act 1, Scene 7
- Strategic development of different organizations in society
- To what extent is the economic development of the accession countries likely to be as a result of EU regional policy?
- Does A Creature, Previously Unknown To Us, That Appears And Behaves As If It Feels Pain, Actually Feel Pain?
- Flaws with utilitarianism
- Utilitarianism and Animal Rights
- From Land To Sea: How Could A Land Mammal Turn Into A Whale?
- Animal Testing Kills
- Nonconformity To Society As Source Of Self Development
2 pages / 513 words
2 pages / 400 words
2 pages / 389 words
2 pages / 455 words
2 pages / 397 words
2 pages / 397 words
2 pages / 578 words