Title: Explain ?The Regress Argument' for Foundationalism. Why does Dancy hold that this argument is fallacious?
|Date:||January 22, 2015|
|Length:||5 / 1307|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
"All agree that some of our beliefs are justified by their relation to other beliefs" For example, if I already believe that Socrates is a person, and that all people are mortal, I might infer from these beliefs the new belief that Socrates is mortal. If my two existing beliefs were themselves justified, then via this inference I've acquired a new, different, justified belief, or an inferentially justified belief...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
If my two existing beliefs were themselves justified, then via this inference I've acquired a new, different, justified belief, or an inferentially justified belief. Dancy uses an example of when someone strikes a match. "My belief that striking the match will light it is justified inferentially". The regress argument simply claims that not all of my beliefs can be inferentially justified beliefs...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Justification of American Slavery
- Milton’S Justification Of God
- Justification For Using A Corporate Business Structure
- justification for higher education
- Justification of Absolutism
- example software justification
- Justification In Knowledge
- Justification for Increasing Headcount
- A Contextual Theory of Epistemic Justification
- Explain ?The Regress Argument' for Foundationalism. Why does Dancy hold that this argument is fallacious?
- Free Will and Justification of Punishment
- How A Knowledge Claim Can Be Tested For Justification?
- utilitarian justification of euthanasia
- Hate's Irrational Justification
- Justification Of Violence
3 pages / 864 words
5 pages / 1307 words
4 pages / 1199 words
3 pages / 639 words
5 pages / 1301 words
2 pages / 526 words
2 pages / 464 words