Title: Eudaimonia in Plato's Republic
|Date:||November 17, 2013|
|Length:||3 / 662|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Our modern day concept of happiness is the closest equivalent to eudaimonia, but because the translation is imprecise, the meaning of the text is somewhat affected.
Aristotle asserts that "happiness (eudaimonia) is something final and self-sufficient and the end of our actions" (15-16). According to his philosophy, eudaimonia is the highest good and an end in itself...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
According to his philosophy, eudaimonia is the highest good and an end in itself. An individual strives for this state, not because it is a step along the path to greater things, but because upon reaching it, there is nothing more to be desired. To someone who interprets happiness in Aristotle's work in the manner that we interpret it today, this philosophy would not seem rational...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- How Far Does Today'S Media Impact On The Desire For Young People To Be Ultra Thin, And How Does This Affect Their Health?
- what happy people know
- Do Women And People Of Color Face Unique Challenges In Acquiring Power And Influence In Organizations Today?
- People To People Business Letter
- Lead with Pride – Lead to Fight – Lead to Fell: The Fall of Roman Republic
- How does Plato relate the soul of virtuous individual to the ideal republic in his Republic
- Neat People vs. Sloppy People
- Eudaimonia in Plato's Republic
- Happy People
- There Should Be No Rich People In The World As Long As There Are Poor People? Discuss.
- The Wonderfil Life Of Zulu People
- Criminal Law Of The People'S Republic Of China
- Food—Of the People, By the People, and For the People
- Guns Don'T Kill People, People Kill People And Other Nonsensical Rhetoric
- How far does today's media impact on the desire for young people to be ultra thin, and how does this affect their health?
2 pages / 369 words
2 pages / 434 words
2 pages / 458 words
2 pages / 388 words
1 pages / 273 words
1 pages / 106 words
1 pages / 234 words