Title: Enzyme Catalysis
|Date:||January 25, 2017|
|Length:||2 / 351|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Catalase is a digestive enzyme used to break down hydrogen peroxide, which is a normal byproduct of cellular respiration. The reaction could take place without the help of catalase, but it would happen a lot more slowly because more energy is needed for the reaction.
This lab demonstrates the effect the enzyme catalase has on the rate of the decomposition reaction of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It would be expected that extreme temperatures or pHs would denature the enzyme, directly affecting the rate of reaction. It is also safe to assume that the rate of reaction would be higher in the preliminary seconds of the reaction due to higher substrate concentrations. The rate of reaction would eventually slow when most of the substrate (H2O¬2) has decomposed...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- to See What Factors Affect The Decomposition Of Hydrogen Peroxide By
- AP Lab 2: Enzyme Catalysis
- An Investigation on the rate of reaction of the enzyme Catalase on the substrate Hydrogen peroxide.
- An investigation to see how much oxygen is given off when different concentrations of catalase are added with hydrogen peroxide.
- College Student Instructions for the Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide Experiment
- Concentration Affects The Rate Of Oxygen Production When Raw Liver (Catalyse), And Hydrogen Peroxide Is Mixed
- Did The Actual Amount Of Reactants And The Catalyst In The Decomposition Of Hydrogen Peroxide With A Manganese (Iv) Oxide Catalyst Reaction Match Up To The Theoretical Stoichiometric Amounts According To The Balanced Equ
- Effect Of Enzyme Catalase Concentration On Reaction Rate
- Effect of MnO2 on the decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Enzyme Catalysis
- Enzyme Reaction of Different Yeast Substances
- effect of temperature on an enzyme controlled reaction
- Investigating The Effect Of Enzyme Concentration On The Rate Of An Enzyme-Catalysed Reaction.
- The Effect Of Enzyme Concentration On Rate Of Reaction
- The Effect Of Substrate Concentration On The Activity Of The Enzyme Catalase
2 pages / 312 words
1 pages / 273 words
2 pages / 360 words
1 pages / 127 words
2 pages / 351 words
4 pages / 924 words
3 pages / 756 words