Title: EDI and Controls
|Date:||April 19, 2017|
|Length:||5 / 1223|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
It involves the exchange and transmittal of business documents, such as invoices, purchase orders and shipping notices, in a standard, machine-processable format (CISA, 2008).
EDI is not a new technology. It was first used in transportation and shipping industries in 1970s. However, EDI use has grown significantly in a many business sectors in the past decade...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
However, EDI use has grown significantly in a many business sectors in the past decade. It is not limited to simply sending and receiving various messages but has allowed trading partners to access to each other’s internal records such as sales and inventory information. The use has come into prominence because EDI could provide the following benefits:
• Less paperwork, reduced cost
• Fewer errors during the exchange of information
• Increased speed in information exchange and processing
• Improved trading partner relationships
• Improved intracompany flow of information
On the other hand, although EDI has created a number of changes in the way commerce is conducted and has offered significant opportunities, it also has attracted new threats and potential exposures and increased the seriousness of some existing problems...
Showed next 250 characters
Common topics in this essay:
- A Study On The Legal Implications For Misstatements In The Prospectusin India
- Enron from a Legal Standpoint
- International Business Transactions
- Mass Vs. Epa - Implications Of The Case For Business Community
- My Implications And Learned Lessons In Business Negotiation
- PFIZER INC. Business Analysis and Strategic Implications
- Proper Application Of Business Law Underpins All Business Transactions
- Small Business Internal Controls
- THE LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OF PRIVATE HEALTHCARE IN CANADA
- The Business Implications Of Social Media Marketing
- How To Innovate A Business Analysis Course: Evidence From Vse
- Absence of Evidence, or Evidence of Absence; A paper on Animal Consciousness
- Breach Of Confidentiality: The Legal Implications When You Are Seeking
- The main function of religion is to provide people with a code of behaviour which regulates personal and social life. Assess the extent to which sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion in modern society.
- INTRANET AND ITS SUPPORT TO ELECTRONIC BUSINESS
2 pages / 341 words
2 pages / 440 words
1 pages / 288 words
2 pages / 437 words
2 pages / 562 words
2 pages / 430 words
5 pages / 1223 words