|Date:||October 9, 2014|
|Length:||2 / 350|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Donkeys were particularly important, being smaller, more durable and easier to handle and feed than horses.
The oldest remains date from 5000 to 6000 years ago in Egypt, and slightly later in Mesopotamia and Iran. However, the point of their original domestication had been unknown.
To solve the mystery, Albano Beja-Pereira of the University Joseph Fourier in Grenoble, France, visited 52 countries, collecting samples from domestic donkeys and from wild asses and their relatives in Africa and Asia...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
One is clearly derived from the Nubian subspecies of wild ass, Equus asinus africanus. The second is close to the Somalian wild ass, Equus asinus somaliensis, but does not fall within the wild range.
Beja-Pereira's group suggests that donkeys were most probably domesticated twice, once from each of the two existing African wild asses, which diverged hundreds of thousands of years ago...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Animal Farm: The Animals' Bad Memories
- Describe how Napoleon became dictator of Animal Farm and how he maintained his position over the years
- George Orwell's Animal Farm: Ignorance Of Animals And Pigs Controlling
- Symbolism of Pigs in Animal Farm
- The Importance Of The Pigs In The Novel Animal Farm
- Human's Role in Endangering Animals
- IMPORTANCE OF ANIMALS IN HUMAN LIFE
- Essay - Sustainable Development through Human Resources and Institutions Development: A Thai Perspective
- Describe the main developmental tasks and milestones associated with each stage in human development over the lifespan. Then choose one phase only of human development and discuss the developmental needs of people in this stage. Discuss various sp...
- Language Development Of A Child From Birth To 5 Years
- Investigation Of Reproduction And Development In Animals
- tbellied Pigs in Domestication
- Wage Payment Model For Human Guinea Pigs
1 pages / 226 words
5 pages / 1286 words
2 pages / 400 words
3 pages / 633 words
2 pages / 396 words
2 pages / 527 words
2 pages / 350 words