Title: Does synesthesia undermine representationalism?
|Date:||March 30, 2015|
|Length:||15 / 4378|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
So, for example, he argues that sound/color
synesthetic experiences show that visual experiences do not always represent spatial
properties. I will argue that the representationalist can plausibly answer Rosenberg’s
objections. On reflection, synesthesia poses no serious threat to representationalism...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
On reflection, synesthesia poses no serious threat to representationalism.
Rosenberg’s argument from synesthesia resembles anti-representationalist arguments
advanced by Ned Block (1995, 1996), Christopher Peacocke (1983) and others (e.g.,
Boghossian and Velleman 1989). Like Rosenberg, these philosophers argue that
representationalism delivers implausible analyses of certain sorts of (actual) experiences...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Financial Managers Need Only Concentrate On Meeting The Needs Of Shareholders - No Other Group Matters
- Don't Concentrate on Camps
- Rosenberg Spies
- The Rosenberg Trial
- Does Ethics Depend on Religion?
- Does synesthesia undermine representationalism?
- Representationalism and Antirepresentationalism - Kant, Davidson and Rorty (1)
- How 'Marketing Science' Undermines Brands
- No Dice On The Wager: A Critical Discussion Of Pascal's God Argument
- Rosenberg Scapegoat
- The Electoral College Should Be Abolished; It Undermines The Democratic Process
- To be independent? Or not to be Independent? Feminism
15 pages / 4378 words
2 pages / 412 words
4 pages / 1083 words
1 pages / 248 words
5 pages / 1207 words
5 pages / 1305 words
1 pages / 284 words