Title: Does Russells argument successfully refute external world skepticism?
|Date:||February 21, 2013|
|Length:||9 / 2556|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The following is a sceptic's argument for infallibility:
1) If you know something, then you can't be wrong about it.
2) You can always be wrong about anything
So, you never know anything
This argument can be interpreted in many ways, I will consider one possible way:
1) If you know p then not possibly ( you believe p and p is false)
2) But it is possible( that you believe p and p is false)
Therefore you don't know p...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Descartes however establishes that there are some things that are indubitable. He re-assesses all his previous beliefs and finally comes to the conclusion that even though many things can be doubted, the fact that he exists cannot be indubitable. He has knowledge of his own mind and nothing can convince him otherwise...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Biography Of Bertrand Russell
- Bertrand Russell is one of the greatest masters of English Prose.
- James Russell Lowell
- Hertzsprung-russell Diagram
- Bertrand Russell: Why I Am Not a Christian
- Bertrand Russell - Am I An Atheist Or An Agnostic?
- Bertrand Russell's First Cause Argument
- Betrand Russell's view
- Betrand Russell: The Problems Of Philosophy
- Does Russells argument successfully refute external world skepticism?
- Excerpt from Russell's Why I am not a Christian
- Russell and the Puzzle of Excluded Middle
- Russell on Induction
- Russell's Theory Of Descriptions And Its Critics
- The Provocative Matter of Existence
1 pages / 185 words
5 pages / 1405 words
5 pages / 1363 words
2 pages / 415 words
2 pages / 373 words
6 pages / 1591 words
2 pages / 507 words