Title: Does anything render statements about the past true, apart from the evidence that exists in the present?
|Date:||April 12, 2012|
|Length:||5 / 1484|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
When observed the falling tree makes a lot of noise, especially at the moment of hitting the ground. If we then, found a fallen tree in the forest we could with extreme confidence assume that the tree made noise when it fell, even if we don’t have any evidence but I remember, and I quote my chemistry professor who always repeated with great wisdom “The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Even if no one heard the tree falling, how do we know if it did any noise then? Is it possible that it fell silently? Experience tells us that this is not probably the case, if we had experienced a falling tree before we would probably remember the sound, or at least heard stories from others that have experienced such event; of course, here we are assuming that the unobserved world behaves the same way as the observed world (when, of course, observation doesn’t affects outcome)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal investigation of the Evidence for Jesus
- Abusive Evidence
- What evidence exists to indicate that prehistoric humans had destructive impacts on the environment?
- Advanced Evidence
- Cdn Evidence Law
- evidence essay
- The Use of DNA Evidence
- Does anything render statements about the past true, apart from the evidence that exists in the present?
- knowledge and evidence
- The development in play behaviour has been described as a series of stages. Present the evidence for this and evaluate with reference to the development of the notion of the 'self'.
- Absence of Evidence, or Evidence of Absence; A paper on Animal Consciousness
- Evidence For Evolution
- Evidence of evolution
2 pages / 309 words
1 pages / 130 words
1 pages / 161 words
5 pages / 1484 words
3 pages / 838 words
2 pages / 408 words
1 pages / 222 words