Title: Discuss the musical construction of at least one character from Wagner's Salome. Describe how the composer(s) use(s) musical techniques to contribute to the construction of your chosen character(s). You should also consider the cultural, historica...
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||November 13, 2012|
|Length:||8 / 2395|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Strauss was also attracted to the extremism of Wagner's work and also wanted to explore the boundaries of the newly emerging avant-garde artists. As a continuation of his interest in ?storytelling', Strauss began to turn his attention to opera. His first two attempts, Guntram (1894) and Feuersnot (1901), were not very well received...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
His first two attempts, Guntram (1894) and Feuersnot (1901), were not very well received. Strauss, affected by his failures, intended to take a break from opera and concentrate on more traditional orchestral works.
However, he was presented with a copy of Oscar Wilde's play Salome in 1902 and was encouraged to compose an opera of the same name...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Discuss the musical construction of at least one character from Wagner's Salome. Describe how the composer(s) use(s) musical techniques to contribute to the construction of your chosen character(s). You should also consider the cultural, historica...
- Character Construction
- Just A Girl? Rock Music, Feminism, and the Cultural Construction of Female Youth
- Character Construction In Chaucer's Troilus And Criseyde
- The Development of the Rock Musical in the Late 20th Century
- Eroticism and Female Imagery in Nineteenth Century Art
- Television Soaps: The Cultural Construction Of Gender And Representati
- What do the flashbacks sequences in ‘Death of a Salesman’ contribute to our understanding of Willy Loman’s character?
- "Young Goodman Brown:" A Character Analysis of the female Charaters
- Evil character of Lady Macbeth
- Early Twentieth-Century Literature – Modernist Literature In Particular – Is Never More Of Its Time Than When Aspiring To Appear Timeless, Or At Least To Evoke Ideas Of Timelessness. Discuss With Reference To Your Chosen Texts.
- St. Augustine's Confessions: The Connection between Character and Evil
- Analyse How Two Or Three Production Techniques Helped Developed Your Opinion Of A Main Character Or Individual In Shawshank Redemption
- What typical aspects of Iago's character and of Shakespeares methods of presenting a character are found in Othello?
- Discuss The Use Of The Narrative Voice In The Extracts. How Successful Are They At Introducing The Character In The Openings To The Novel?
3 pages / 635 words
2 pages / 306 words
5 pages / 1216 words
2 pages / 496 words
2 pages / 417 words
2 pages / 400 words
2 pages / 307 words