|Date:||June 2, 2013|
|Length:||11 / 3277|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
In these traditions, beings that live in harmony with Dharma proceed more quickly toward Dharma Yukam, Moksha, Nirvana (personal liberation). Dharma also refers to the teachings and doctrines of the various founders of the traditions, such as Gautama Buddha in Buddhism and Mahavira in Jainism. As the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual, Dharma can refer generally to religious duty, and also mean social order, right conduct, or simply virtue...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
As the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual, Dharma can refer generally to religious duty, and also mean social order, right conduct, or simply virtue.
Meanings and origins of the word Dharma
In the Rigveda, the word appears as an n-stem, dharman-, with a range of meanings encompassing "something established or firm" (in the literal sense of prods or poles), figuratively "sustainer, supporter" (of deities), and in the abstract, similar to the semantics of Greek ethos, "fixed decree, statute, law",
The word is from a root common Indo-Iranian root dhar "to fasten, to support, to hold", continuing PIE *dher, in the IEW connected with Latin frenum "rein, horse tack", Germanic words for "hidden, held back" (OHG tarni "latens"), and extended to dher-gh, with OCS dr??o, dr??ati "to hold, possess"...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Critically Assess The Approach To People Management Both Espoused And Practiced Within Your Organisation Or One Which You Are Familiar. Within Your Response You Should Compare Your Findings To Relevant Theories And Models And Justify Your Conclusion
- Geico Takes Varied Roads to Customers;
- Use of "Nigger" in "Meanings of a Word"
- history of the port of long beach
- Oral Traditions or Spoken Word in the Caribbean
- The History of Long-Term Care
- The Turning of the Wheel of Dharma
- the final word on the history of art
- Varied Development
- dharma in mahabharata
- Sikh Dharma
- History Of Usage Of The Word Science
- Prison Industrial-Social-Media Complex Controversy (Yes I Know It's A Long Title)
- History of Microsoft Word