Title: Determining Optimum Temperature and pH for Enzymatic Reactions of Alpha Amylase
|Date:||May 13, 2011|
|Length:||7 / 2017|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
In order to determine the optimum temperature for the enzymatic reaction water bath of varying temperatures were made. To determine the ideal pH various buffers were added to the solutions in order to adjust the pH.
At scheduled intervals the reacting solution was added to a cuvette containing I2KI indicator in order to stop the reaction, allowing for accurate readings of absorbency...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Once completed graphs which compared absorbency to temperature and pH were created allowing for a visual reference of the results. Optimum temperature and pH were shown determined by noting where absorbency was the lowest because this is where the enzyme catalyzed the most amount of starch. The results showed that alpha amylase most efficiently converts starch into glucose at a temperature of 65?C and pH of 5...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Determining Optimum Environmental and Chemical Effects on Enzyme Kinetics
- Determining Optimum Temperature and pH for Enzymatic Reactions of Alpha Amylase
- Determining The Optimal Temperature And Ph Of Barley Amylase
- Effect Of Temperature On Enzyme Activity
- Effect of pH and temperature on enzyme activity in skeletal muscle
- Enzymatic Activity
- effect of temperature on an enzyme controlled reaction
- Monitoring how pH Affects the Rate of Reactions of Barley Amylase
- Reaction Rates of Barley Alpha Amylase with Starch at Specific pH's
- Reaction Rates of Barley Alpha-Amylase Enzyme with Substrate Starch at Different pH’s and Temperatures
- To try to see if the temperature affects the rate in which Amylase breaks down starch into maltose.
- To what extent does temperature affect the effect of greenhouse gases on environmental temperatures by using modeled greenhouses?
- temperature effects in enzyme activity
- the effect of temperature on enzyme activity
- optimum population
1 pages / 279 words
3 pages / 615 words
2 pages / 372 words
2 pages / 315 words
2 pages / 433 words
1 pages / 233 words
2 pages / 593 words