Title: Correspondance thoery of truth on negative truths
|Date:||April 2, 2015|
|Length:||7 / 1976|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
However if we are to maintain the correspondence theory of truth we have to address such negative claims. Correspondence theorists claim that the words we use correspond to something in reality or some state of affairs, but a negative claim does not follow this rule, it does not have a truthmaker. A negative claim does not refer to anything in reality, instead it refers to realities lack of something...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
A negative claim does not refer to anything in reality, instead it refers to realities lack of something. In a sense a negative claim is that of an abstract one, not relating to anything physical but instead to an abstract thought, an absence. A negative claim does not have a truth maker as you cannot point to the non existing cat that isn't on the matt or at least we must try to find a truthmaker for these negative facts that is compatible with the correspondence theory of truth...
Showed next 250 characters
Common topics in this essay:
2 pages / 384 words
7 pages / 1976 words
1 pages / 295 words
2 pages / 319 words
3 pages / 798 words
1 pages / 263 words
1 pages / 280 words