Title: Compare and contrast the philosophical contributions Aristotle and Descartes make to our understanding of a person
|Date:||April 22, 2013|
|Length:||5 / 1467|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
With this foundation he is able to distinguish animals from the concept of personhood, as for Descartes a thinking thing is one that doubts, understands, conceives, affirms, denies, wills, refuses, imagines, and feels, attributes needed for self- consciousness and attributes he does not believe animals to hold...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
While Descartes agrees that animals have mental states he does not accept that they are self- aware of themselves in relation to others and their own existence. This idea of self consciousness being a necessity in personhood, has contributed to John Locke's theories in which he emphasises the idea of a person as a living being that is conscious of itself as persisting over time, a scholar that has greatly influenced the recently developed ?personhood theory'...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- All Souls Book Review
- COMPASSION FOR THE SOULS WHO INHABIT HELL
- The Different Conceptions Of The Veil In The Souls Of Black Folk
- The Souls of Black Folk
- English Lab For All Souls
- Fallen Souls In "the Inferno"
- Human's Role in Endangering Animals
- IMPORTANCE OF ANIMALS IN HUMAN LIFE
- Three Admirable Souls
- Compare and contrast the philosophical contributions Aristotle and Descartes make to our understanding of a person
- Compare, contrast and evaluate Plato and Aristotle on human wellbeing
- Do Animals Have Rights...a Philosophical View
- Evaluate Singers and Descartes arguments about animals.
- Compare and contrast the contributions made by any two perspectives to our understanding of the self.
- Do We Have Souls?
1 pages / 234 words
2 pages / 435 words
2 pages / 369 words
5 pages / 1467 words
3 pages / 736 words
4 pages / 911 words
2 pages / 312 words