Title: Categorical Right
|Date:||June 23, 2012|
|Length:||1 / 265|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
We should not act out of love or compassion.
Kant said that it’s was not our duty to do what is impossible for us to do. For Kant, the fact that we ought to do something means that it is logically possible to do – ‘ought’ implies ‘can’. Moral statements are prescriptive; they prescribe an action...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
For Kant, the fact that we ought to do something means that it is logically possible to do – ‘ought’ implies ‘can’. Moral statements are prescriptive; they prescribe an action. If ‘ought’ implies ‘can’ then the statement, ‘I ought to do x’, implies that ‘I can do x’.
Kant said that we all aim to reach an ultimate end call the supreme good, the summum bonum – a state in which human virtue and happiness are united...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Jury Duty
- Corporate Duty
- Duty Of Loyalty
- police duty
- Appropriate Place Of Duty
- Call Of Duty
- Duty Of Care
- Duty of Care
- Guilt, Duty, And Unrequited Love
- B) Examine and Comment on the views that conscience is the best guide to making moral decisions in sexual ethics
- Immanuel Kant's Ethics Of Pure Duty
- Kant Moral Ethics
- "Our sense of goodness presupposes the existence of God". Analyse and evaluate this claim with reference to the moral argument for the existence of God.
- Kant's Fundamental Principles Of The Metaphysics Of Moral
- kant's moral theory
1 pages / 136 words
1 pages / 287 words
1 pages / 265 words
2 pages / 416 words
2 pages / 349 words
2 pages / 583 words
2 pages / 417 words