Title: catcher in the rye
|Date:||August 18, 2015|
|Length:||2 / 537|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff- I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all" (173 Salinger).
Also, Holden's trying to save kids from making the same mistakes that he would by catching them before jumping into adulthood he doesn't want them to grow up making the same mistakes that he did...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Holden soon realizes that he can't catch every single kid from falling into adulthood because it isn't in his powers to help them because it's a move they have to take.
Second, Holden's red hunting hat has another significance which is being that it's the same color as the color of Allies hair. This demonstrates symbolism because he really didn't have a closer relationship with Allie...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- How Does Mark 'Find His Own Way Back To God?'
- Gas May Finally Cost Too Much
- The IT System that couldn't deliver (Lenox Case)
- In Bad Blood, find the passage which begins in chapter 8 with ?My mother felt?' (p.125) and finishes in chapter 9 with ?I found a place to hide.' (p.131).
- Look Back in Anger as an extraordinary play / John Osborne as a dramatist / Social issues in Look Back in Anger / Look Back in Anger as a mouthpiece of John Osborne
- The Little Policy That Couldn't
- The Power And The Glory: "The Roof Couldn't Keep Out This Rain"
- peak oil
- Peak Oil
- Witch-hunting or woman-hunting? To what extent can the gender imbalance in witchcraft accusations in Europe be attributed to misogyny?
- I Just Couldn't Bear It
- Misfortunes Make You Finally L
- The Power And The Glory: "the Roof Couldn't Keep Out This Rain"
- Has the Consumer Finally Caved?
3 pages / 804 words
4 pages / 1014 words
5 pages / 1291 words
2 pages / 572 words
5 pages / 1363 words
2 pages / 479 words
2 pages / 385 words