Title: Case Heard Round The World
|Date:||November 21, 2014|
|Length:||2 / 586|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
On his websites LaMacchia essentially gave internet users access to MIT's Athena workstations, which were comprised of many different programs and utilities used at the university. The charges first brought against LaMacchia were for violation of wire-fraud laws, but the case was thrown out because LaMacchia had not profited personally from the scheme...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
However, the case has proven to be a landmark, the first shot in the war against internet piracy that we know well today.
Current law declares distributing pirated software illegal even without a motive of profit, but the issue the legislators seemed to be pointing out was whether or not LaMacchia should be punished for making a site available simply for the copying of programs...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Ethical analysis of Online File Sharing
- Intellectual Property in an Electronic World
- “recen Court Rulings In The United States And Australia Will Spell The Demise Of P2p Websites, Making The Online Piracy Of Music, Movies And Tv Shows More Difficult To Achieve. Discuss This Statement Critically, Paying Special Attention To The F...
- The Bomb Heard 'round The World : A Research Essay On The Manhattan Pr
- Illegal file sharing
- File Sharing
- Case Heard Round The World
- Experience and Internet News: The Real Reason for the online new reading gender gap
- FILE SHARING
- file sharing
- file sharing
- Internet File Sharing And The Music Industry
- Internet File Sharing
- Relevance of empirical analysis of the File Sharing vs. Music Piracy controversy
2 pages / 453 words
3 pages / 602 words
2 pages / 586 words
1 pages / 294 words
5 pages / 1206 words
1 pages / 172 words
3 pages / 648 words