Title: Artificial Intelligence
|Date:||February 15, 2015|
|Length:||4 / 1180|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The debate for AI has endured throughout the philosophical community for many years and still remains unanswered. Despite this fact, John Searle and William Lycan are two philosophers that have attempted to resolve this issue by debating the consciousness of robots. While Lycan thinks that there is a definite possibility that robots do attain conscious thought, Searle is more apprehensive to this notion?which is outlined in his thought experiment: The Chinese Room Theory...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The example that we are given is a robot named Hal that was created by a women named Susan in her garage; through observing their conversation we are able to observe Susan's struggle in regards to whether she thinks Hal is a conscious being or not. The notions that Hal is a conscious entity endures throughout their conversation and like most debates with reference to AI remain unresolved...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death
- Give a boy a gun - characters
- Give Life,Give blood!
- Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death!
- NCAA: Give It Up
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender
- Give me a Break
- What evidence exists to indicate that prehistoric humans had destructive impacts on the environment?
- Give Thanks Always
- Never Give Up
- OH GIVE ME A BREAK
- Absence of Evidence, or Evidence of Absence; A paper on Animal Consciousness
- the best gift you can give yourself
- Give a Boy a Gun
- Give me some space
3 pages / 628 words
3 pages / 670 words
2 pages / 309 words
1 pages / 161 words
3 pages / 625 words
2 pages / 323 words
2 pages / 310 words