Title: Aristotle's Categories
|Date:||June 11, 2014|
|Length:||12 / 3323|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
For should any one define in what sense each is an animal, his definition in the one case will be appropriate to that case only. On the other hand, things are said to be named 'univocally' which have both the name and the definition answering to the name in common. A man and an ox are both 'animal', and these are univocally so named, inasmuch as not only the name, but also the definition, is the same in both cases: for if a man should state in what sense each is an animal, the statement in the one case would be identical with that in the other...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
A man and an ox are both 'animal', and these are univocally so named, inasmuch as not only the name, but also the definition, is the same in both cases: for if a man should state in what sense each is an animal, the statement in the one case would be identical with that in the other. Things are said to be named 'derivatively', which derive their name from some other name, but differ from it in termination...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- If You Could Study a Subject of our Choice
- Poems, their subject and purpose
- Virginia Woolf's Style and subject in a Room of her own
- Critical analysis of the role of individual values in explaining the decisions that managers make concerning key human resource (HR) issues.
- An Exploration Into The Ways That Shakespeare Present Human Relationships Between The Central Characters Within “The Tempest”?
- How did Arnold deliver the subject/theme of ?°Dover Beach?±
- Benefits Of Studying The Subject Of Economics
- An Individual's Achievement Of Self-knowledge
- Subject Of Psychology
- A Knowledge Entry System for Subject Matter Experts
- Abortion - debatable subject of controversy
- Abortion is a subject affecting us all
- Class And The Individual In Society
- poverty a subject
- Scope And Subject Matter Of Demography
2 pages / 563 words
2 pages / 336 words
2 pages / 336 words
1 pages / 268 words
12 pages / 3323 words
1 pages / 250 words
1 pages / 166 words