|Date:||August 29, 2012|
|Length:||2 / 427|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
He believes that the gods favor his point of view because his laws are designed to punish those who are guilty in the eyes of the state.
During Antigone and Creon's fierce debate, Antigone states repeatedly that man has no right at all to challenge the "unchanging statutes of heaven." She says that the authority of the gods has existed from the beginning of time and thereby overrules any decree that might pass from a mortal's mouth...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Creon is adamant in his assertion that by honoring a treasonous brother, Antigone is dishonoring her other brother who died as a hero. In breaking his public edict, she is committing a crime against the state and the people and must be punished.
After being sentenced to death, it is interesting to note that Antigone is initially not as sad as one might expect...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Antigone: A Tragic Hero
- Othello as a tragic play
- Antigone Tragic Hero
- Antigone--Who is the REAL tragic Hero?
- Creon and Antigone as Tragic Heroes
- Creon's Hubris in the play Antigone
- The Tragic End Of Romeo And Juliet Was The Result Human Action Not Fate As The Prologue Suggests.
- Antigone (creon As The Tragic
- Antigone Vs. Socrates
- Creon As The Tragic Hero Of Antigone
- Is Antigone A Tragic Play As D
- The Tragic Hero In Antigone
- Antigone: Who Is The Tragic Hero?
- Documentary films have played an important part in determining the way we construct history and memory. In what ways do documentary films dealing with the holocaust determine contemporary understandings of that historical event?
- Antigone Vs. Socrates In The Crito
1 pages / 226 words
2 pages / 451 words
2 pages / 427 words
2 pages / 560 words
2 pages / 402 words
2 pages / 449 words
2 pages / 444 words