Title: Analysis of J.L. Mackie's, Evil and Omnipotence
|Date:||January 6, 2014|
|Length:||7 / 1952|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
J.L. Mackie in his argument from "Evil and Omnipotence", brings forth the discussion problem that 1) God is omnipotent; 2) God is wholly good; 3) Yet evil exists (Mackie). The word omnipotence is defined as a God/deity that is all-powerful, and/or has infinite power (www.allwords.com). Mackie states that an omnipotent god would not allow evil to exist because an omnipotent god would ensure that evil was eliminated, and since an omnipotent god has no limits on their powers evil could not exist, PERIOD...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Mackie states that an omnipotent god would not allow evil to exist because an omnipotent god would ensure that evil was eliminated, and since an omnipotent god has no limits on their powers evil could not exist, PERIOD. His view is that these three propositions cannot exist together without one of them having to be false...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Man of Evil
- See No Evil
- The Evil Eye
- Evil Lies Deep Within: Analysis of "The Child by Tiger" by Thomas Wolfe
- ?Writers chose the Gothic mode to convey the idea that evil was within humans, "as a distortion, warping [the] mind", and not as an external malevolent force.' (Jacqueline Howard) Discuss the treatment of evil in two or three gothic novels studie...
- Beowulf Good Vs Evil Analysis
- Inner Evil
- Analysis of J.L. Mackie's, Evil and Omnipotence
- The problem of evil - Mackie
- What Is Evil?
- Why God Allows evil
- Why is there evil?
7 pages / 1952 words
2 pages / 313 words
2 pages / 353 words
1 pages / 91 words
2 pages / 473 words
1 pages / 198 words
3 pages / 892 words