Title: Amish Success in Freezing the 16th Century
|Date:||April 15, 2016|
|Length:||5 / 1389|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Gelassenheit is the master cultural outlook, deeply embedded into the Amish psyche that governs perceptions, emotions, and behavior. Gelassenheit stands in stark contrast to the daring, hostile egoism of modern culture. The submissive nature of Gelassenheit becomes more clear to the individual as they acquiesce to higher authorities: the will of god, church, elders, parents, community and tradition...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Gelassenheit exposes the Amish culture for what it really is, a subculture whose core values collide with those of modernity, individual success. Modern culture tends to produce individualists committed to personal accomplishments. "By contrast, the goal of Gelassenheit is a subdued, humble person who discovers fulfillment in the service of community...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: