Title: am i?
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||June 26, 2014|
|Length:||2 / 331|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Next Euthyphro says that holiness is found in what is dear to the gods. Socrates shoots this definition down because this definition is not distinct, the Greek gods were somewhat humanlike, what was holy to one god might be despised by the next. The third and finally definition Euthyphro offers Socrates is, "what is holy is loved by the gods"...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The third and finally definition Euthyphro offers Socrates is, "what is holy is loved by the gods". However Euthyphro can't answer weather something is holy because it is loved, or loved because it is holy, making this final definition unjust. All of Euthyphro's definitions are examples of holiness.
During Plato's Apology, Socrates reveals his definition of holiness to a courtroom full of jurors...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: