Title: Acid Rain
|Date:||July 11, 2011|
|Length:||2 / 446|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The leaves of the trees are scarred by the rain, the seeds sterilized, and the immune system of entire forests are damaged, exposing them to disease infestation. The growth of forestlands can also be greatly slowed by the effects of acid rain. Lakes are also greatly affected by contaminated precipitation...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It has been discovered that some twenty thousand lakes have been turned acidic through groundwater contamination by acid rain. Fish start to die at around a pH of below 5.6. There are natural buffers such as calcium and lime in lakes to help neutralize these acids. If there aren't enough buffer materials, or they are completely neutralized by the acids, the pH will not get better, and the lake will become sterile (Public 22...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: