|Date:||October 9, 2011|
|Length:||2 / 438|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
They have hyperextendibility in most of their joints, except their elbows, which cannot fully extend. Due to extensive fibular growth, the legs of achondroplasia dwarfs are very bowed. The hands of achodroplasia dwarfs are very broad with short metacarpals, referred to as trident hand (2).
The gene responsible for achndroplasia is Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 3, or FGFR3, and is located on at 4p16...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
This is a coding gene with a linear mRNA transcript, which is 4,093 base pairs in length. The mutation coding for the achondroplasia allele is a point mutation at the 1,138th base pair of the gene (2). In most cases the guanine molecule is switched with an adenine molecule, which changes the codon to a glycine molecule instead of an argenine molecule at the 380th amino acid of the polypeptide product...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Conformation to the Supreme Court
- Examining The Impact Of Product Attributes On Perception Towards Brand Product
- The Benefits and Problems Resulting from a Dress-Down Policy in a Business
- teen depression resulting in alcoholism
- Do Inhaled Corticosteroids have a Long- Term Effect on Growth and Bone Density in Children ?
- evolution of sex and deterministic mutation
- Genetic Mutation
- genetic mutation
- The Cause of Frog Mutation and Population Decline
- What is mutation? What is a gene mutation? Discuss sickle cell anemia (its cause, effect, and treatment) B) what are mutagens and their effects? C) what is genetic counseling? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure.
- Insurance Differences and the Resulting Effects on Patient Care