Title: Access Control Lists
|Date:||May 31, 2012|
|Length:||10 / 2959|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The second part of my report will focus on one OS and explain in detail the methods it uses to control file access and how it works.
Section A - Review of File Access Control mechanisms.
Access Control Lists -
Access Control Lists are used by OS’s such as Windows and UNIX. An ACL is a table that informs the OS of each users access rights to an object within the system, the object could be a program, a single file or a folder...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
An ACL is a table that informs the OS of each users access rights to an object within the system, the object could be a program, a single file or a folder. Although ACL’s do the same task in a similar way, the different OS’s each have a different way of carrying it out.
With UNIX systems, including the older ones, at least one user would have access to all areas of the system, the idea of this being so that they control the systems for other users and grant or deny them access to various objects...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Computing Options for Physically Challenged Users
- Test Users
- Etf'S Users Guide
- Users of Accounting information
- What Do Users Of Financial Reports Want
- Computing Option for Physically Challenged Users
- crystal meth users
- Find invisible users on yahoo
- Internet Users Turn Addicts
- Access Control Lists
- Participation Of Users In Design Activities
- The Availability and Use of Screen Reading Technologies for Computer Users who are Sight Impaired
- Tips & Tricks For WinXp Users..!
- users vs. addicts
- Windows 7 GUI From a Linux Users Perspective
2 pages / 342 words
10 pages / 2959 words
1 pages / 223 words
2 pages / 309 words
2 pages / 401 words
3 pages / 760 words
1 pages / 168 words