Title: Abida Parveen
|Date:||September 8, 2014|
|Length:||3 / 805|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
This song had been sung by many other Sindhi singers before her, but Abida brought her own unique style to it, rooted in classical music. She has sung in Sindhi, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Seraiki.
Although she is associated most closely with the verses of the Sufi saint Shah Abdul Latif, she has also sung the verses of other Sufi saints, including Amir Khusrau, Bulleh Shah, Sachal Sarmast, Sultan Bahu, Shah Hussein and others such as Kabir and Waris Shah...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
While such comparisons are necessarily subjective, there is certainly much that Abida has in common with Nusrat. Like him, she possesses a truly magnificent voice, is unassuming despite her superstar status, and her music is informed by a deep commitment to the ideals of Sufism. For both, the act of singing is a passionate offering to God, and for both the deepest part of their magic lies in the fact that they are able to bring the listener’s heart to resonate with the music, so deeply that we ourselves become full partners in that offering...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: