Title: A life sketch of Plato and his works
|Date:||August 11, 2004|
|Length:||3 / 839|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Socrates, a Greek philosopher who lived from 470-399 BC. He devoted all his time with young citizens discussing philosophy and questioning their confidence in the truth of popular opinions. As a young man, Plato grew up wanting to be a politician. However, after Socrates' execution in 399 BC had a profound effect on Plato, and was perhaps the final event that convinced him to leave Athenian politics forever...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
During this period he studied the philosophy of his contemporaries, geometry, geology, astronomy and religion.
After 399 BC Plato began to write extensively. It is still up for debate whether he was writing before Socrates' death, and the order in which he wrote his major texts is also uncertain. However, most scholars agree to divide Plato's major work into three distinct groups...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Plato And Theory On Government
- How Can Our Government Provide Liberty And Justice For All?
- A life sketch of Plato and his works
- Contemporary Thinkers: Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Aguinas
- Plato's Argument For A Just Life
- Plato's Life and Events
- Plato: The Good Life
- Should We Die To Achieve Happiness, Or Find The Purpose Of Our Life? Plato And Aristotle
- Superiority of Life: Plato's Just: Individual
- Political Thinkers - Marx, Tocqueville, Burke, Plato
2 pages / 388 words
1 pages / 110 words
2 pages / 471 words
1 pages / 99 words
3 pages / 839 words
1 pages / 224 words
2 pages / 468 words