Title: A Hard Look at Soft Skills
|Date:||November 18, 2013|
|Length:||3 / 717|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
These skills are all about how a person works with others, maintains a positive attitude under pressure, solves a personal or work crisis and communicates both ethically and effectively (Lorenz, 2005). “When you are working in teams, it’s the soft skills that will make you effective,” says Claire Zevalkink, a former vice president of Quixtar (Schoonmaker, 2007, p...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
A person is trying to figure out if they have these soft skills might ask themselves some hard hitting questions (Lorenz, 2005):
• Are you motivated and dedicated to getting the job done, no matter what?
• Will you generate good energy and good will?
• Can you make your case and express your needs in a way that builds bridges with colleagues, customers and vendors?
• Do you know how to prioritize tasks and work on a number of different projects at once?
• Are you resourceful and able to creatively solve problems that will inevitably arise?
• Can you handle the stress that accompanies deadlines and crises?
• Are you able to adapt to new situations and challenges?
• Are you coach able and open to learning and growing as a person and as a professional?
• Will you have the courage to ask questions that need to be asked and to freely contribute your ideas?
When an employer is looking a candidate for a position, one consideration may be what the candidate can bring to the table...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Important Writing Skills In The Workplace
- Investigation of the current skills shortages and skills strategies in the UK hospitality industry.
- Research Skills Activity
- research skills
- Soft/Hard Hrm
- Discuss The Attributes/Skills/Actions (For Example; Study Habits, Personal Skills, Goals-Long And Short, Time Management, Etc) That You Consider Important For Achieving Your Education Goals. Discuss This For Both Your Foundation Year And Your Focu...
- Research Skills
- ATL Skills
- Hard and Soft Currencies
- Goal Setting & Concentration: Two Important PST Skills
- Mental Skills Research Paper: The Vicious Cycle of Unhealthy Diet, Stress, and Eating Behaviors
- Level 1 English - 1.9 Internal: Research Skills ? Teenage Drug Abuse
- My Skills
- A Hard Look at Soft Skills
2 pages / 331 words
1 pages / 280 words
1 pages / 255 words
1 pages / 264 words
2 pages / 401 words
2 pages / 356 words
3 pages / 717 words