Title: A Glimpse into Storage Mediums
|Date:||January 23, 2012|
|Length:||4 / 966|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Servers normally have SCSI drives, which are more expensive, have a longer life and are faster than IDE and SATA drives. However, the newer SATA drives are coming close to catching up with SCSI in terms of spindle speed and are starting to be used by major vendors like HP in servers. The spindle speed of IDE and SATA drives range from 4200 RPM to 7200 RPM with 7200 being the standard for most off the shelf desktop drives and 5400 for laptops...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
SCSI drives range from 10,000 RPM to 15,000 RPM and this high speed makes them perfect for servers that need to serve many clients at once (Gilbert, 2007). These speeds are fixed though and no matter what the clock speed of a desktop or server’s CPU, the data can only be retrieved as fast as the magnetic head can locate it on the platter...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- The Theory Of Storage
- Data Entry, Output, Storage and Memory
- Putting Data To Work: Intelligently Using Data Mining, Data Warehousing And Databases.
- A Study In Why Do I Have To Give You Guys One Of My Papers Just To Read Papers That Other People Have Put Out There For The World To Read
- A Glimpse into Storage Mediums
- Accuracy of Data, Data Ouytput
- Data And Storage
- Data Input, Output, Storage and Access Methods
- Data Storage Using Nano-Technology And Electronics
- Digital and Optical Storage
- Journal Storage Facility
- Mass Storage (defined)
- Open Storage Means “goo Enough”?
- Optical Storage Mediums
- Storage Devices
4 pages / 966 words
3 pages / 781 words
3 pages / 636 words
3 pages / 849 words
2 pages / 577 words
2 pages / 467 words
4 pages / 1024 words