Title: A discussion into whether ?J Horror' is a term of national identity, or cinematic sub-genre, using the texts; Ringu (1998), Audition (2000) and Ju-On (The Grudge) (2003).
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||February 13, 1999|
|Length:||5 / 1471|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The term was ?J Horror', and this term will be the focus of this essay.
The original source of the term, as previously stated, cannot be traced; but it is the belief of Nicolas Rucka, (critic for contemporary Japanese cinema website Midnight Eye) in his essay ?The Death Of J Horror' (Rucka 2005) that the term came not from the Japanese film makers, nor the American studios, not even a term used by critics; ?J Horror was a cult fan term that was meant as clarifying short hand for previously hard to categorise films (in the west)...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
J Horror is a conflict in terms as it encapsulates two ideas.
Firstly is the sense of national identity, this is found in the ?J', in J Horror, this was meant to represent Japanese. Giving the fan a reference; the original source of the text i.e. Japan...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Short term memory
- 5 short term financial mgmt
- Explain what is meant by the term "barriers to trade;" use examples
- Short Term and Long Term Capital
- Term paper and essay on accounts recievables
- Write Your Short Term Goals
- Long Term And Short Term Causes Of The Arab/ Israeli Conflict
- Long And Short Term Causes Of Wwi
- Short term
- Term Paper And Essay On Accounts Recievables
- A discussion into whether ?J Horror' is a term of national identity, or cinematic sub-genre, using the texts; Ringu (1998), Audition (2000) and Ju-On (The Grudge) (2003).
- Effect of Short Term Memory
- Explain what is meant by the term 'social consruction' and consider how it has been used to further our understanding of the concept of identity.
- Free Recall From Short Term Memory And Long Term Memory
- Short Term Planning With Gis
1 pages / 248 words
1 pages / 283 words
2 pages / 425 words
4 pages / 959 words
5 pages / 1471 words
3 pages / 651 words
3 pages / 662 words