Title: A discussion into whether ?J Horror' is a term of national identity, or cinematic sub-genre, using the texts; Ringu (1998), Audition (2000) and Ju-On (The Grudge) (2003).
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||February 27, 2013|
|Length:||5 / 1471|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The success of the film, and subsequent remakes (Ringu 2 (1999), Ring 0: Birthday (2000)) breathed life into the Japanese horror genre, as a number of similar films came to surface; Ju-On (The Grudge (2003)), Honogurai mizu no soko kara (Dark Water (2001), Kairo (Pulse (2001)) and Kaosu (Chaos (2000)), to name but a few...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It wasn't long however until these films were influencing the rest of Asia, with a stream of Korean (Phone (2001), Tale of Two Sisters (2003)) Thai (Bangkok Haunted 2001) and Chinese (The Eye (2002)) films coming to surface.
Hollywood saw potential in these films and bought the rights to Ringu (1998), with the idea of remaking and repackaging the original in an attempt to reawakening the struggling Hollywood's horror genre, which for a number of years had been running out ideas, exhausting the ?stalk and slash' model to it's extremes, with such reincarnations as Jeepers Creepers (2001) Cabin Fever (2002) and Wrong Turn (2003) taking it upon themselves to recycle successful ?gore-fests' that had entertained the horror fan 20 years previously...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Short term memory
- 5 short term financial mgmt
- Explain what is meant by the term "barriers to trade;" use examples
- Short Term and Long Term Capital
- Term paper and essay on accounts recievables
- Write Your Short Term Goals
- Long Term And Short Term Causes Of The Arab/ Israeli Conflict
- Long And Short Term Causes Of Wwi
- Short term
- Term Paper And Essay On Accounts Recievables
- A discussion into whether ?J Horror' is a term of national identity, or cinematic sub-genre, using the texts; Ringu (1998), Audition (2000) and Ju-On (The Grudge) (2003).
- Effect of Short Term Memory
- Explain what is meant by the term 'social consruction' and consider how it has been used to further our understanding of the concept of identity.
- Free Recall From Short Term Memory And Long Term Memory
- Short Term Planning With Gis
1 pages / 248 words
1 pages / 283 words
2 pages / 425 words
4 pages / 959 words
5 pages / 1471 words
3 pages / 651 words
3 pages / 662 words