Title: A comparison of Palestrina and Rameau
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||June 10, 2005|
|Length:||4 / 1092|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
opera's subject matter - the brotherly love of twins Castor and Pollux, one mortal, one immortal
- was unusual in French opera of the period, which normally concerned itself with romantic love.
This piece has its own singular eloquence, lyricism, heroic, and is enlivened everywhere by
dance rhythms, and sophisticated harmonic structure...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It has also been praised for its originality
of libretto, its straightforward theme (fraternal love), beauty of music, and novelty.
Palestrina was said to have the most organized technique of the age of pure vocal
polyphony. He believed that the tendency to over-elaborate and over-ornament lead to
unnecessary complexity in the music...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Comparison Between 3 Parodies (The Passionate Shepherd To His Love, Come Live With Me And Be My Love, The Nymph's Reply To The Shepherd)
- Brotherly love
- `Lo cop mortal': The evil eye and the origins of courtly love.
- italian opera vs. french opera
- Representations of Romantic Love in Poetry Across the Periods
- Romantic Love: An analysis of Andrew Sullivan's Article
- What is Love, a comparison of love in othello and king lear
- the healing power of nature and romantic love
- -the Idea Of Romantic Love-
- A comparison of Palestrina and Rameau
- Italian & French Opera
- Opera Seria” to “Mozartean Opera
- A Socratic Dialogue: Love in a Romantic Relationship
- Romantic Love Essays
- romantic love
2 pages / 476 words
2 pages / 587 words
2 pages / 430 words
2 pages / 429 words
4 pages / 1092 words
1 pages / 250 words
1 pages / 262 words