Title: 8th Amendment
|Date:||July 3, 2013|
|Length:||2 / 353|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
This amendment actually started in England in 1689 by King William III. Virginia had adopted the language of the English Bill of Rights in the Virginia Declarations of Rights in 1776. James Madison then proposed the amendment to congress in 1789. According to the Supreme Court, the Eighth Amendment forbids some punishments entirely, and forbids some other punishments that are excessive when compared to the crime...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Traditionally, the length of a prison sentence was not subject to scrutiny under the Eighth Amendment, regardless of the crime for which the sentence was imposed. It was not until 1983, that the Supreme Court held that incarceration, standing alone, could constitute cruel and unusual punishment if it were "disproportionate" in duration with respect to the offense (Wikipedia)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: