Title: "The Bet" Theme Analysis
|Date:||October 27, 2013|
|Length:||2 / 444|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Later in the story, Chekhov paints the portrait of a cowardly man who lacks the courage to endure reality. One day before the lawyer is to be granted his freedom, the banker becomes irritated and anxious, "The only escape from bankruptcy and disgrace--is that the man should die." At this point, the reader can trace the banker's path from boastfully making a foolish bet to being the one to give up all that he had staked, and conclude that his self-values have reached their all time low...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The lawyer's character completely transforms from being an arrogant, young man, in to a feeble, cynical, yet more intelligent man. In the beginning of the story, he is presented to the reader by his boastful comments. The lawyer is even unwilling to back down from his opinion of the death penalty, so he bets fifteen years of his life on it...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Case Review - Get Inside The Lives Of Your Customers
- central banker often talks the market
- Values Conflict: the Self-Serving Boss
- Conflict as a Theme in Romeo & Juliet And Connection to "Shrek"
- Do humans have the right to create life through unnatural means? What are the ethical and moral aspects of this?
- Cross Country: A True Test Of Strength
- Ethics And Moral Values In Professional Context
- Should Moral Values Be Taught In Schools
- Teaching Moral Values In Schools
- Book of wisdom and Moral values
- Family Unity And Moral Values
- Multiculturalism as lived experience enriches our lives. But multiculturalism as a political ideology has helped create a tribal Britain with no political or moral centre. (Kenan Malik, The Times ,16th. July, 2005).
- Our society is overly materialistic. We center our lives on acquiring material things at the expense of such traditional values as family and education.
- true test of greatness of a work of art is its ability to be understood by the masses
- Test Case Generation
2 pages / 444 words
3 pages / 788 words
1 pages / 279 words
4 pages / 1125 words
2 pages / 303 words
1 pages / 295 words
2 pages / 415 words