Title: ? MINISTRIES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE EARLY CHURCH'
|Date:||March 27, 2012|
|Length:||4 / 1163|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
He investigates this by looking at terminology and the early church history.
Schmidt does a study of New Testament words, in the original Greek and comes to the following conclusions :
The Greek terms for office are not used for people in the Church but only for Jewish priests, gentile civil officials, the angels and finally for Christ...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
He says, that because the Twelve were symbolic of the Twelve Patriarchs of Israel, he could not have chosen women.
Also, he says that Christ had no intention of making the apostles Priests and this was a later development.
Finally in this section, Schmidt comments that it was not the explicit will of Christ to have a succession from apostles to bishops and that he never thought in terms of presbyter or deacons either...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Black Efforts Towards the Gradual Emancipation Act of 1799
- Organisational success depends ultimately on the qualities of its leaders. But are leaders born successful or can they be trained
- Transactional Leaders, Transformational Leaders, And Emotional Intelligence
- Leaders Are Created By Pressure Placed On Them
- Lead with Pride – Lead to Fight – Lead to Fell: The Fall of Roman Republic
- Becoming A Stronger Person
- early emotional and social devlepment
- The Gradual Development Of Cha
- How has recognising the importance of social context extended our understanding of children’s abilities and cognitive development?
- ? MINISTRIES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE EARLY CHURCH'
- Sacremental Mysticism And The Social Doctrine Of The Church.Doc
- Sotieriology in the Early Church
- Bigger, Stronger, Faster
- Censorship: Gradual Loss Of Freedoms Promised In The Constitution
- The twentieth century resulted in more development than all those before pub together. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2 pages / 401 words
2 pages / 483 words
5 pages / 1343 words
2 pages / 402 words
3 pages / 633 words
4 pages / 1163 words
1 pages / 270 words