Title: . How does phallocentrism influence understandings of male and female sexual dysfunction?
|Date:||February 23, 2000|
|Length:||9 / 2499|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
In this phenomenon, the penis is not understood by its simple biological functioning capacities such as urination or insemination, but a socially recognised symbolic representation of any forms of human sexuality.
According to Lacan (1977), the phallus is an important symbolic component which signifies the superiority of the male body in many patriarchal societies...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
In the male hierarchy society, the possession of phallus represents the various privileged social domains such as power, authority, and the controllability of one’s internal and external matters (Lacan, 1977). Thus, in this phenomenon, although, both penis and vagina are parallel human reproductive organs with similar functioning principles, the potential social status are assigned to the people based on the presence of single sex’s organ, the penis...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Male And Female View Of Personal Hygiene
- Male/ Female Relationships in Hamlet
- What Does It Mean to Be a Male or Female in Today's Society?
- Male & Female Relationships
- Female and Male Stereotypes
- How Male and Female Students Participate in Class
- Male Versus Female Communication Styles
- Male vs. Female Education
- male and female relationships
- Responses of Male and Female Undergraduates to Scenarios of Sexual Harassment in an Academic Setting
- Male vs. Female Human Brain
- . How does phallocentrism influence understandings of male and female sexual dysfunction?
- Female Dominance Or Male Failure?
- Male/female Differences In Perceptions Of Sexual Harassment
- male female relationships
2 pages / 431 words
1 pages / 227 words
2 pages / 331 words
1 pages / 89 words
9 pages / 2499 words
2 pages / 317 words
3 pages / 625 words