Title: "Objectivity" in Social Science and Social Policy, by Max Weber
|Date:||April 29, 2000|
|Length:||8 / 2259|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
"In what sense, - asks he, - if the criterion of scientific knowledge is to be found in the "objective" validity of its results, has he (the author) remained within the sphere of scientific discussion?" (51). What is "objectively valid truth" in relation to social and cultural phenomena? By looking into the phenomenon of objectivity Weber attempts at resolving the conflict of methods in contemporary to him social sciences...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
"Its most immediate?purpose was the attainment of value-judgements concerning measures of State economic policy" (51). Thus, social science began with applying the methods of the natural science, in which there was no distinction between what "is" and what "should be". "With the awakening of the historical sense, a combination of ethical evolutionism and historical relativism became the predominant attitude in our science"...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- ECONOMICS AS A SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Ferdinand Saussure calls the science of signs Semiology. What is meant by this and how useful is this science to English and media Studies?
- Social Science Is A Misnomer
- Social Science Research
- 'social Science Fiction' In Asimov's Work
- Research in Social Science
- The Importance of Objectivity and Falsification in Management Science
- Taoism: Action Versus Inaction
- Social Structure of Science
- "Objectivity" in Social Science and Social Policy, by Max Weber
- is social science scientific
- Marx and Weber social Class
- Social Policy, Economics Of Labor Markets In The European Union. Does A European Employment Strategy Make Sense?
- Social Science
- social science
3 pages / 739 words
2 pages / 471 words
2 pages / 501 words
3 pages / 831 words
3 pages / 614 words
3 pages / 630 words
3 pages / 784 words